Ms. Shi Senglan, current President of the China National Hardware Association (CNHA), was officially elected to serve as President of the IHA through the conclusion of the 2017 IHA Congress. As IHA President, Ms. Shi will work to coordinate the efforts of CNHA as official host of the 2017 IHA Congress. The Congress will be held in Shanghai, China from October 18th through the 23nd. See an overview of the Congress below.
During the closing banquet of the 2015 IHA Congress, the chains of office of the IHA were passed from Mr. Pascal Lefebvre to Ms. Shi. Mr. Lefebvre served as President of IHA through the end of the 2015 IHA Congress, representing the French Hardware Federation (FFQ), who hosted the 2015 Congress. The IHA chains of office are an historic tradition, dating back to the IHA’s inception in 1909 in Paris. As is tradition, with each new IHA President another link is added to the chain, recognizing the new President and his or her country’s association and symbolizing the unity and fellowship of its members.
The French Hardware Association (FFQ) played host to the recent IHA Congress, which all attendees agreed was overwhelmingly successful. Independent retailers and hardware association executives from around the world converged on Paris to share business ideas, reconnect with good friends, attend one of the world’s largest hardware exhibitions and enjoy the beauty of Paris.
Mr. Jean-Francois Dubost and Mr. Pascal Lefebvre, representing FFQ, organized a productive and enjoyable event for attendees, including an evening at Le Moulin Rouge, visits to the global headquarters of Group Adeo and a DomPro distribution center, numerous business seminars and presentations, attendance at Batimat and closing banquet at Le Salon Des Miroirs. Click Here to find more photos of the Congress, courtesy of Goran Sundstrom.
During the recent 2015 IHA Congress, participating association representatives gave a brief presentation of business conditions in their country. Each spoke about both macroeconomic impacts and the local hardware markets. Click Here to download those reports.
In its recent November 2015 IHA Council meeting, several new Council and Managing Committee members were chosen to serve a two-year term, ending at the conclusion of the 2017 IHA Congress in Shanghai. For other details of the 2015 IHA Council and Managing Committee Meeting, see the Meeting Minutes on the IHA website.
Managing Committee members chosen were:
- Ms. Shi Senglan, President
- Mr. Jean-Francois Dubost, Chairman
- Mr. Goran Sundstrom, Vice Chairman
- Mr. Rod Evins, Treasurer
- Mr. Bill Lee, Secretary General
Two new at-large Managing Committee members were also chosen:
- Mr. Chris Patterson, at-large
- Mr. Tim Buchheit, at-large
Other current Council members retained their roles.
Members of the IHA Council will meet March 7, 2016, during the Cologne Hardware Fair. This interim meeting will discuss plans for the 2017 IHA Congress as well as other business of the IHA. Please watch for meeting details.
The 2017 IHA Congress will be held concurrently with two large trade fairs: the China International Hardware Show and the China International Kitchen & Bath Expo. Both shows will be located at the National Convention and Exhibition Centre. The official hotel of the IHA Congress will be the new Intercontinental Hotel, a five-star hotel, conveniently located near the exhibition center. IHA member association, CNHA, will be your host and is ready to help accommodate your visit in any way.
Make plans now to organize a group from your country to attend. Shanghai is one of the world’s most spectacular cities. China offers many tourist attractions, historic sites and beautiful countryside to explore. This event offers a wonderful opportunity to offer your association members a truly unforgettable experience.
Here is a preliminary overview of the 2017 IHA Congress agenda
October 18, 2017
- Arrival for those participating in the IHA Golf Tournament on the following day
- Thise night's hotel accommodations are complimentary for those participating in golf
October 19, 2017
- Morning - IHA Golf Tournament
- Afternoon - Arrivals for IHA Congress attendees
- Evening - Welcome Reception
October 20, 2017
- IHA Congress Official Meetings:
- IHA President Welcome to 54th IHA Congress
- Reports from Member Associations
- Invitation to the 2019 IHA Congress
- Lunch for Attendees
- Afternoon Presentations
- U.S. Retail Hardware Market
- Chinese Hardware Manufacturing
- China's Online Business Development
- China Macroeconomics Outlook
- Evening - Reception and Dinner
October 21, 2017
- Visit the China International Hardware Show and the China International Kitchen & Bath Expo
- Afternoon - IHA Council Meeting - Other attendees have the afternoon free
- Evening - Exhibition Opening Reception
October 22, 2017
- Organized Professional Tour - Visit Shanghai hardware trade enterprises and hardware professional market
- Evening - Closing Dinner
October 23, 2017